Welcome!

This is a blog written for mothers, or soon-to-be mothers, by a mother of the 21st century. I share my thoughts, ideas and opinions of popular topics!

Monday, March 19, 2012

FAQs

What does being induced mean?
Being induced means that you are given medicine to enhance your labor.

What are Braxton Hick contractions?
 They are "fake" or "pre" contractions that get you ready for the real ones. don't be mistaken thoguh, they can cause discomfort, similar to a real contraction.


How can I tell the difference?
Real contractions will cause your stomach to harden. Additionally, if you are going in to labor, your contractions will be a set number of minutes apart.

When should I pack my hospital bag?
everyone is different, however I would suggest packing it when you hit 8 months (32 weeks)

What should I put in my hospital bag?
I would suggest bringing comfort items from home, such as your favorite blanket, a comfortable pillow, hair ties, pajamas(for you and baby), baby clothes, clothes to leave the hospital in, soaps and slippers!

No comments:

Post a Comment