Welcome!

This is a blog written for mothers, or soon-to-be mothers, by a mother of the 21st century. I share my thoughts, ideas and opinions of popular topics!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Birthing Classes... Are They Necessary?

The answer: no. Although birthing classes are not necessary, they are very helpful. Some may have a pre-existing notion of what birthing classes are and what they consist of. It may be thought that they are filled with gross and scary birthing videos that will add anxiety to the birthing process. However, birthing classes are actually filled with tons of insight to the entire birthing process and tips to make you feel more comfortable when it is time to deliver. Personally, I found my birthing class to be great, as it taught me not only new breathing techniques, but also gave me insight as to what things would be helpful to have with me while giving birth. This made the entire process of packing my hospital bag much simpler, as I had an idea of what items from home would make me more comfortable while giving birth.

When it comes to deciding whether or not to sign up for birthing classes, do what makes you feel more comfortable. Are they necessary? No. However, would it hurt to try them out?

No comments:

Post a Comment